Re: [teacherartexchange] need help with fountain artwork

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 08:46:51 PST

Hi Becky,

I highly recommend you make a mold of hands with some of the
life-casting materials that are available. Then slip cast the hands
with clay. Ceramic hands will be a better choice to withstand the
constant stream of water - and will give you precise detail.

Let me see if I can get Gregg Lugginbuhl, Bluffton University Prof and
ceramic artist to help you. He made life casts in ceramic for his
"Creation" series (cast his children's hands).
http://www.bluffton.edu/~luginbuhlg/

I know him.... I will contact him and send your information. Do let me
know if you hear from him (smile).

Judy Decker

Note: posting this to the list as I feel many would benefit from
seeing Gregg's work. If anyone responds, please do not post my email
address. Simply highlight it and remove it from your post.