Re: [teacherartexchange] need help with fountain artwork

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 08:28:42 PST

If you cast the hands with plaster gauze It will be a mold. Paint it with white glue and water to form a crust and hardness, then spray with crystal clear or similar product to have a slick shell that will repel water.

Next put Vaseline in the mold and then use paper (newspaper strips and white glue to line the inside of the mold and apply at least 3 layers. Let dry and apply more, like 2 more.

When this has dried, remove the newsprint and you will have a cast of the mold. The mold could be made in two halves and then put together. I used to do this when we had sculpture as a component of the A.P. portfolio. It went pretty well and if sprayed with a fixative or some sealer can be outside.

Maybe this will work you can try a small one to see.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA