[teacherartexchange] need help with fountain artwork

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2009 - 08:08:17 PST

I am participating in an art exhibit based on the Stations of the
Cross. My station is "Jesus is Judged by Pontius Pilate," and I want
to do a fountain, with cast hands being "washed' by a constant stream
of water.

What would be the best way to cast actual human hands and add water to
the piece? I want detail -- skin wrinkles, etc... I am thinking of
plaster casts that are sealed somehow, but is there another medium
that might be a better choice? I would probably rig a fountain kit to
go into the piece so the water constantly pours over the hands, and
build a shrine around the hands to hide the mechanical stuff.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Becky

Charleston WV