[teacherartexchange] doodle4google

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2009 - 19:02:14 PST

Hi,

Google is once again having the doodle4google contest. See info below.
If you go to the press page and look at the video clip you will catch
a few seconds of me, http://www.google.com/doodle4google/press.html

First off, we're excited to once again be hosting the Doodle 4 Google
competition, where we invite K-12 students to play around with our
homepage logo and see what new designs emerge. This year we're
inviting U.S. kids to join in the doodling fun, around the intriguing
theme "What I Wish for the World." As we mentioned, these are
exciting times, and both our country and the world are on the brink of
significant change. At Google we believe in thinking big, and dreaming
big, and we can't think of anything more important than encouraging
students to do the same. This year, we're honored to be partnering
with the Smithsonian's Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum for the
competition as we hope to encourage the next generation of designers
and artists. Registration closes on March 17, 2009 and entries are
due by March 31, 2009 at 11:59pm Pacific time. Teachers, you'll find
everything you need to get started at the official website

http://www.google.com/doodle4google

Only teachers or school employees should register. Parents or students
who are interested should contact their teacher to register them.

My students did this last year and the project went well.

harold