Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] colors of the Hudson River School of Art painters

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 18:57:46 PST

Perhaps having the students research this and make those choices might be a good thing to include in the grant.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2009, at 6:20 PM, donnalyn shuster <> wrote:

Looking for resources dealing with the color palette favored by Thomas Cole/Frederic Church for a project dealing with plein aire painting in the Hudson River Valley. A group of us are writing a grant that will allow students to work on site at Olana and other areas frequented by these painters and an exchange visit with our students in the Mohawk Valley region ( and allow them to see The Voyage of Life at MWPAI/paint on location in our region at some historic areas)
Thanks in advance.
Donnalyn in NY