Re: [teacherartexchange] colors of the Hudson River School of Art painters

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 18:57:46 PST

Perhaps having the students research this and make those choices might be a good thing to include in the grant.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 3, 2009, at 6:20 PM, donnalyn shuster <d_shuster@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

Looking for resources dealing with the color palette favored by Thomas Cole/Frederic Church for a project dealing with plein aire painting in the Hudson River Valley. A group of us are writing a grant that will allow students to work on site at Olana and other areas frequented by these painters and an exchange visit with our students in the Mohawk Valley region ( and allow them to see The Voyage of Life at MWPAI/paint on location in our region at some historic areas)

Thanks in advance.

Donnalyn in NY