Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] colors of the Hudson River School of Art painters

From: donnalyn shuster (d_shuster_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 16:20:11 PST

Looking for resources dealing with the color palette favored by Thomas Cole/Frederic Church for a project dealing with plein aire painting in the Hudson River Valley. A group of us are writing a grant that will allow students to work on site at Olana and other areas frequented by these painters and an exchange visit with our students in the Mohawk Valley region ( and allow them to see The Voyage of Life at MWPAI/paint on location in our region at some historic areas)
Thanks in advance.
Donnalyn in NY

To unsubscribe go to