Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] color harmony online activity

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 07:32:22 PST

Thanks Christine,

This is good at showing the Magenta - Yellow - Cyan as primary colors
of pigments

Features Red-Green-Blue - primary colors of light. For more info:
(lots more sites out there - this was just the first Google pick)

Those of you who teach students primary colors are red-yellow-blue may
confuse the kiddies.

I recently posted a color wheel with definitions... didn't save the
URL though. It was on a museum site (pretty simple).

There is a good color interactive out there. I will see if I can find it.
Here it is - but it geared more to color symbolism. Does show
complementary colors:

Older students may have fun with this interactive:
Select a starting color - then explore monochromatic - Complementary
(here called contrast) - Triad - Tetrad - Analogous (analogous can add
the complement, too).
I haven't tried to print off scheme created to see if students could
duplicate colors of one they liked.

Judy Decker

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM, Christine wrote:
> Hi All,
> I googled
> color harmonies interactive
> and found this wonderful site