Re: [teacherartexchange] color harmony online activity

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 07:32:22 PST

Thanks Christine,

This is good at showing the Magenta - Yellow - Cyan as primary colors
of pigments
http://www.humboldt.edu/~rq1/colorwheel/wheelfla/t.swf

Features Red-Green-Blue - primary colors of light. For more info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB_color_model
(lots more sites out there - this was just the first Google pick)

Those of you who teach students primary colors are red-yellow-blue may
confuse the kiddies.

I recently posted a color wheel with definitions... didn't save the
URL though. It was on a museum site (pretty simple).

There is a good color interactive out there. I will see if I can find it.
Here it is - but it geared more to color symbolism. Does show
complementary colors:
http://www.mariaclaudiacortes.com/colors/Colors.html

Older students may have fun with this interactive:
http://www.wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html
Select a starting color - then explore monochromatic - Complementary
(here called contrast) - Triad - Tetrad - Analogous (analogous can add
the complement, too).
I haven't tried to print off scheme created to see if students could
duplicate colors of one they liked.

Regards,

Judy Decker