Re: [teacherartexchange] Claymation Advice

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 03 2009 - 06:02:15 PST

Hello Filiz,
        I can't help you with the technical aspects of claymation, but I do
have a recommendation for the study of the historical application of
claymation. I think your students would also enjoy the early British
classic series called "Wallace & Gromit."
Since 2 of the set were Academy Award winners for animation short
film in 1993 and 1995, you can probably find them available in DVD
through BBC Video. I remember seeing a documentary on the creators
here in the USA on public television. If you can locate a DVD or VCR
for that film, it would be a great introduction to claymation.

                                        Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                                        Art teacher, K-5, retired