Re:[teacherartexchange] summer work

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 02 2009 - 09:04:37 PST

I don't know of anything specific in your area, but I suggest looking into your local, regional or state arts agencies for work. Most of them maintain a database of artists who make themselves available for such work, and you could add your name to the list. In addition, many local arts agencies or arts councils recieve state grants to offer enrichment activites in their communities. I have recently been approached by an arts council in the town we maintain a vacation home to provide watercolor workshops for adults, as well as children's activities. They are always looking for people who are skilled in teaching both adults and children in a variety of art activities. They don't pay a fortune, but you can make some money as well as add to your resume and experience.