[teacherartexchange] altered books

---------

From: Frances Rice (francyfree2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 23:21:05 PST

Hi,
  I was intrigued by what altered books might be. I was imagining collaging interesting pictures cut from magazines onto the illustrations already contained in an old book that might otherwise be discarded, and then creating a new story...but I'd really like to know what you did.
  I really enjoyed looking at the recycled art link. Thanks for sharing that!! Lots more inspiration for me and hopefully my students!
  I also came across a website that showed photos of student creations in which students were asked to create a favorite storybook character using a pumpkin for a library display. The storybook characters were very creative, especially as you go beyond the first one or two. Here's the URL:

http://www.publishersweekly.com/blog/660000266/post/380029638.html

  Thanks so much, Frances