Re:[teacherartexchange] you tube being blocked/zamzar

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 11:33:18 PST

My district computer guy will change streaming video
to a format I am allowed to use, video by video. It
sure isn't as quick as finding something I want to
use, then the next day being able to use it in class.
So far, by the time he has time to do it, and get it
to work, we've moved on.

Epals has a blog option that isn't school blocked, and
I am going to try imbedding streaming video there, as
I need it.

Technology is great, and being expected to use it is
great, but the roadblocks being thrown up are
frustrating, especially for those of us not simply
using a textbook and workbook. These are ALL classroom
supervision issues, not tech issues.

Betty C Bowen
printmaker, painter
art educator