Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] you tube being blocked/zamzar

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 25 2008 - 09:04:08 PST

I have the same problem at my school - no streaming
video, no blogs and I can't even do a google image
search - but I have a solution for the streaming video
and I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it here or

I've been using a service called Zamzar at it converts streaming video to a file
you can download and save to a cd to use later in
class. The way it works is that it sends you a link
via email within 24 hours of your request and then you
can download the file in whatever format ie quicktime,
etc. that you specify. Right now this service is free
although I can imagine it might cost something later
on down the road.

I hope this helps:)

Chris in central Arkansas

--- Betty B <> wrote:

> My school blocks YouTube, and even the blog I made
> avoid youtube...if any of you have time, would you
> put
> great videos you find like this on to TeacherTube?
> >
> > Calder Cirque B=
> >

> > Calder Cirque 2/2
> >

> > Calderb
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

To unsubscribe go to