[teacherartexchange] Bernard Palissy platter lesson update

---------

From: Ellen Burnside (ellenburnside_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 08:32:23 PST

         Hello! First, I want to thank everyone who gave me advice regarding the platter lesson I did with my Ceramics class last semester. We tried using the paperclay and it worked amazingly well. The students then painted their platters with acrylic paint. There were a couple platters that weren't quit finished when the other ones started cracking. We let them dry very slowly and there were no problems! I am planning on getting photos soon to share with the list. It might take me a while to get to this as I was out for gallbladder surgery and am slowly trying to catch up on everything and get things in order at school.