Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] HS digital photo and computer art classes

From: Ellen Burnside (ellenburnside_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 16 2008 - 08:27:23 PST

My school is transforming our Photo 2 class to all digital next year.
Does anyone have any suggestions for getting started? Equipment,
software, project ideas? It will be a point and shoot class as we will
be requiring the kids to have their own cameras and most people don't
have digital SLRs. At this point, I feel we should use Photoshop
because as far as I know it is the industry gold standard. Any thoughts
on this? I am also attempting to broaden my computer art class to
include a sampling of programs. Currently I just teach Photoshop. I am
thinking Illustrator and InDesign would be good choices. Does anyone
know what the mainstays of industry are these days? What are other
folks using in similar classes?