RE: [teacherartexchange] Inclusion of Special Needs in the art classroom

---------

From: Feldman, Amy (AmyF_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 06:31:46 PST

There should be an occupational therapist in the district who can help
you with this child. Also, he probably has an IEP which you could read
and find out if there are an OT goals. Try to get the OT to work with
him and thereby teach you how to best modify and adapt tools. If the
parents are good advocates for him they might be able to help you get
someone in the classroom to act as a 1:1 for him. Find out if he has an
aide in the IEP.
Amy