[teacherartexchange] computer animation

---------

From: Tricia Fuglestad (tricia_fuglestad_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2008 - 05:29:40 PST

Marsha,

One piece of software I would highly recommend is
Flash.
You can draw in it, rotoscope over video, drop in
objects and animate them, transform objects, layer
things, add music...the possibilities are endless!
Here are some examples of movies I made in flash to
teach concepts for the art room:
http://fugleflash.notlong.com
My third graders are trying to rotoscope right now
using flash. I thought the tools would be too tricky
for them, but, I was wrong. They're not intimidated at
all.
See Rotoscoping examples here:
http://fuglegifs.notlong.com

Tricia Fuglestad

> Subject: Computer Animation Question
> From: MCarson355@aol.com
> Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 10:55:26 EST
>
> I'm thinking about teaching a computer animation
> unit to middle school
> students (6th and 8th)
> and would like to know what would be some software
> that would be at the
> right level (we have PC's in our lab). If anyone
> could share some information
> about what you use I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
> Marsha

Tricia Fuglestad
Dryden Elementary