Re: [teacherartexchange] Assessment

---------

From: jjennifer west (jenniferjoycewest_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 12:17:29 PST

I use critique and reflection sheets to gauge an
insight into the thought process of my students. They
are also included in the assessment process by being
allowed to self-assess against the rubric before I
give the final grade. This all takes work and is
"cumbersome", but I find it the "fairest" way to
evaluate work, and nobody said that teaching art
should be any easier than teaching another subject
area (they use rubrics all the time).

Good luck,
Jen