[teacherartexchange] suggestions for nigerian project

---------

From: Foell, Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange (Marlyn_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2008 - 10:47:15 PST

I have used blue Elmer's glue--the washable kind--for an inexpensive
resist and it works pretty good. And it doesn't have to be heated,
etc...

I've done "crayon batik" using it--use the glue for resist, let
dry....color the spaces...wash out the resist and iron between
newspaper...you don't get a real batik look but it shows the resist
process...and little ones love squirting out the glue lines on the
fabric...

For backing purposes, cover cardboard with wax paper...tape the fabric
to the cardboard...the glue won't stick to the wax paper.

Another tip--do the first ironing between "good" paper, either drawing
or newsprint and you get a bonus monoprint that they can enhance with a
black marker or pens...

Marlyn in Florida