RE: [teacherartexchange] Videos & Podcasts - Los Angeles County Museum of Art

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 14:16:16 PST

Hi Amy,

You can draw with light colored crayons or old candles directly onto the
cloth as a kind of resist that you don't have to wash or scrub out. You
can also use flour and water mixed into a paste as a resist. Paint it
onto your fabric and allow it to dry before painting on your final
colors.

 Watered down acrylic paint will not wash out if it's allowed to dry on
the fabric first.

Jan in Tampa