Re: [teacherartexchange] My overseas job!

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (SMILLER_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 06 2008 - 12:14:32 PST

Cool Maggie--our English teacher is always borrowing brushes and paint etc. for her haiku or stories etc. I'm sure you'll manage to work in some art. Sid

>>> MWhite <mwhite139@cox.net> 2/5/2008 6:02 pm >>>
Just got back from the job fair sponsored by University of Northern Iowa
(yes, Iowa, in the middle of winter!!). I've signed a contract to teach
in Quito, Ecuador. It was one of my top choices before I went. I
wanted the HS art position but they gave it to someone who had a spouse
who could teach math, so instead, I'll be teaching 9th grade English.
I'm certified to do this, and I think living in Quito, which I've
visited before, will be a blast. It will give me a chance to see more
of South America, as well.

Maggie