[teacherartexchange] My overseas job!

---------

From: MWhite (mwhite139_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 18:02:04 PST

Just got back from the job fair sponsored by University of Northern Iowa
(yes, Iowa, in the middle of winter!!). I've signed a contract to teach
in Quito, Ecuador. It was one of my top choices before I went. I
wanted the HS art position but they gave it to someone who had a spouse
who could teach math, so instead, I'll be teaching 9th grade English.
I'm certified to do this, and I think living in Quito, which I've
visited before, will be a blast. It will give me a chance to see more
of South America, as well.

Maggie