Re: [teacherartexchange] eric carle lesson SPED

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 04:00:55 PST

I teach complementary colors with Eric Carle using the book "Hello, Red Fox" and I do this with 5th grade - even though it is a kindergarten book, the still love it! If you haven't seen this book yet, all the colors are the complements (so red fox is green, yellow butterfly is purple, etc) I have overheads of the illustrations (For some reason this seems to work better than a powerpoint for this lesson - I show them the pictures and we count to 20 all together then I take the image away so that they can see the afterimage of the complementary color. I also tell them the story about Goethe that is in the front of the book about how he discovered complementary colors. It's really fun because they get so excited! We do this with a color wheel lesson but you could follow up with any number of complementary color lessons.

Chris in central Arkansas