Re: [teacherartexchange] eric carle lesson SPED

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 04 2008 - 06:39:39 PST

Early American animation toys may appeal to these students. There
are different types. I did zoetropes with my students. Also, flip
cards--use a heavy stock of paper like index cards. Then I think
there was a toy called a therotope (sp?) which is a spinning disk to
which strings are attached. Different images are on each side--like
a bird/cage. When you spin the disk, it appears that the bird is in
the cage. I think insects lend themselves to animation!
Speaking of insects, here is a funny quote I read (maybe on this
list?) to get you folks chuckling for the week:

"If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been
in bed with a mosquito."

Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
Art teacher, K-5, retired