Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Gallery/Multiple Intelligence ideas, grades 3-5

---------

From: miclass (miclass_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 03 2008 - 07:55:34 PST

Thank you for the link- it was a great article,
especially at the end where it says they have
identified markers that characterize schools with some
success in implementing MI theory

I completely agree about the contradiction of
standardized tests and MI. I am looking for ways to
possibly bring studying for the tests a little closer
to MI theory. For example, when studying for DRP
tests, I would like to have the students use the
Bodily-Kinesthetic MI to physically manipulate the
choices and responses. That's just a small beginning.

I also am interested in how to use various art musuem
pieces in not only standardized test prep, but also
everyday lessons for all content curriculum areas
which may have over the years become rote and boring.

Thanks again,
Lisa