Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Gallery/Multiple Intelligence ideas, grades 3-5

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 20:10:54 PST

Any decent docent tries to utilize multiple intelligence or various
learning styles - ie: H. Gardner
http://www.infed.org/thinkers/gardner.htm but multiple intelligences
and standardized tests seem
to be in contradiction. The visual learner or the bodily-kinesthetic
learner is difficult to measure
on a paper and pencil instrument. We test way too much anyway and
need to concentrate on providing
wider experiences so our students can explore and develop their
various potentials. Testing puts everybody
in way too small a box.
                                                                        Woody

On Feb 2, 2008, at 8:11 PM, miclass wrote:

> I am a non-art major taking a graduate class in Museum
> Galleries for Educators, and I am looking for any
> ideas for lessons for grades 3-5 that involve using
> Museum collection paintings or prints and Multiple
> Intelligence strategies. Any curriculum area would be
> great, especially any creative math or standardized
> test preparation ideas. Thanks!!

Read My Blog:
http://www.taospaint.com/WoodysBlog08/February.html

Watercolors on Note Cards