Re: [teacherartexchange] New Class Blog

---------

From: Gayle Parent (gayleparent_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 11:33:37 PST

Wow. I just looked through your entire web site and really enjoyed
what I saw. Lots of variety and things I've never seen before. Your
students are lucky.

I am a beginning art teacher, with 17 years of experience in the
"regular" classroom. We currently have a Fine Arts director who has
retired on the job, so to speak. I have never been to an inservice
taught by the district about art, nor are there meetings for art
teachers, nor any get togethers at which we can swap ideas, or meet
and find ways to relate to one another. Maybe this is not unusual.
At this point it seems that it will require the initiative of one of
us to start such a thing.

Thanks!
Gayle