[teacherartexchange] New Class Blog

---------

From: Rebecca Burch (mamallama_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Feb 02 2008 - 10:16:36 PST

Hello all! It's the weekend! Yay!!!! Time for my own pet projects.

I just moved my class blog to a new website, so I wanted to let you
all know about the move. Our new site is here:

http://www.charlestoncatholic-crw.org/Departments/Art/wordpress/

Wordpress is awesome! The computer guy installed it onto the school's
server, and it makes it so easy to keep a website and to keep the
content fresh. It also organizes all the stuff for us, so I don't
have to take old stuff off the page and swap out new stuff... it's a
blog, so you just post and it organizes.

If you can use web email, you can use Wordpress. THe hardest thing
was getting it installed -- it was totally over my head, but the
computer guy got it done in literally 5 minutes!

If you are thinking about building a class website or keeping one of
your own, I would recommend Wordpress highly! You can either install
it on your own server like I did (which makes it purely your site and
you don't have to deal with someone else's server) or you can get a
free blog through Wordpress.com. Either way, it's so easy -- so much
easier than updating a site through a HTML editor.

Becky