[teacherartexchange] gluing down mosaic tiles

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 11:52:57 PST

Hi Everyone,

I am making a mosaic tile mural, with each student making a 2" textured
tile. I plan to glue them to a board and then grout, but I really don't
think Elmer's is the type of glue I should be using. I'm thinking
something like epoxy or Liquid Nails would be better.

If anyone has done something like this before, your suggestions and
guidance would be great. Also, should I have the kids texture the back
of these for better adhesion?

Guess you can tell this is a new adventure for me, too.

Jan from FL