[teacherartexchange] Chicago Exhibit - work of Terry Dixon (African American Artist)

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2007 - 10:53:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I heard from Terry Dixon today - Chicago based artist (born in Washington DC).

He found one of my Getty list posts (from last year.... I posted him
again this year).

He is exhibiting in "New Breed" at the Blake Palmer Gallery:
http://www.blakepalmergallery.com/index2.html
show opens March 9

Group Show: "The New Breed"

March 9th 2007 Opening Reception - Around 6pm
Exhibition Title: The New Breed - March 9th - April
27th.

Location: Blake Palmer Gallery
1656 North Bosworth
Chicago, IL 60622
Gallery # (773) 384-4142

His work combines abstract line drawing with digital images:
http://www.artistterry.com/

He was featured in BusinessWeek Magazine in the May 2nd
2005 issue "Photography the Golden Age. He was noted
as one of the next up and coming artists to start
collecting.

He is working on a solo exhibit from October 07. I am sure he will
send me details of that exhibit.

Enjoy his work. I have him linked on my African American Artists links
page - and just added him to American Artist, too.

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources