[teacherartexchange] Styrofoam Sculpture Lesson from Tim Hunt

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 25 2007 - 14:46:57 PST

Dear Art Educators,

I am cross posting.....

Tim Hunt (member of AP Studio list) send me this lesson for Styrofoam Sculpture:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Tim-sculpt.htm

With all of the rules and regulations on using dangerous materials
now, I don't know if you will be able to do this in the public schools
(Ohio has Jarod's Law - not sure if that eliminates all dangerous art
materials). Cutting styrofoam with hot wires does release toxic fumes.
Tim never had a problem doing this lesson with his students. I suppose
you could cut the pieces with a jig saw or scroll saw - but that is
very messy. Hot wires give a clean cut.

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department