Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Howardena Pindell - Contemporay African American Artist

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 23 2007 - 07:26:29 PST

Dear Art Educators,

J Wells shared Howardena Pindell with me today. I really like her
mixed media work - especially those that include text.

Here is my web surf today.

Biography and many images at G. R. N'Namdi Gallery

Many more African American artists on this site:

From Artcyclopedia (African-American Abstract Painter, born in 1943)

A few images:

Howardena Pindell: Atomizing Art - L & S Video - study guide -pdf file:

one work - Autobiography:

One work at Museum of Modern art:

One work:

Biography and two works (better image of Autobiography):

on artnet:

There is more out there....

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department