Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Elizabeth Catlett Curriculum Guide

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 22 2007 - 14:34:19 PST

Dear Art Educators,

Jeannie Sandoval sent me the pdf file Curriculum Guide for Elizabeth -
I found it on line.

Jeannie was one of the authors for this curriculum guide on Elizabeth Catlett.
Elizabeth Catlett: A Voice for Social Justice
99 page file - but some of the printing information is duplicated a
couple times.
A Voice of Social Justice is showing at Brenau University Gallery. (only two small images on line)

Here is my Elizabeth Catlett web surf - I know there isn't as much on
line for her now. There used to be a good source for prints.

Biographical information:
Some sources have she was born in 1919 - some have 1915 (more
resources have 1915).

some works:

from PBS - a couple of works:

Some prints and sculptures:,-Elizabeth

Some prints:

At National Museum of Women in the Arts:
biographical information and several images.

Biographical info:

2 sculptures:

Some wonderful sculpture:

2 prints: