Re: [teacherartexchange] museum trips

---------

From: Marvin Bartel (marvinpb_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 19:58:41 PST

>Does anyone have any cool ideas for a museum trip with
>fifth graders? (scavenger hunts or other activities?)

Danielle

In addition to what is done at the museum, consider asking them to notice and nominate a beautiful site or view and nominate an ugly site or view along the route that they see while on the bus trip to and from the museum. They can make a quick sketch and a brief description.

If you know the bus route, you could ask them to take special note of several sites along the way. Give them a work sheet to complete during the trip to and from the museum. The work sheet builds awareness for the best and worst examples you can identify along the route.

Visual literacy means becoming more aware of how our built and natural surroundings change us.

Marvin