Re: [teacherartexchange] Is there a push for Standardized Visual Art Tests?

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 17:52:31 PST

Not all districts have this option. We have 3 Fine Arts electives. If
students do not take Band in 5th grade and continue on it is not an option.
That leaves my class and vocal. Our HS vocal department currently has 12
students. I have room in my schedule for 2 HS art classes. What I have found
is that those who want to take art will make the effort and excel. Those who
are taking the class for a fine arts credit will do the minimum for a C or a
D. I'm curious - in larger districts, who gets the students who do the bare
minimum?
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids