Re: [teacherartexchange] Is there a push for Standardized Visual Art Tests?

---------

From: Jackie Brewer (jacjac2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 21 2007 - 17:09:51 PST

ever since Kansas made having one
credit in the fine arts I have ended up with every student who doesn't want
to take a performing arts class, my classes are larger, and the overall
quality of work has suffered.

Texas has had this in place for years and yes, in some situations,
classes are larger and quality of work has suffered, but also, good
teachers turn this around to the advantage of larger advanced classes
and district seeing how more students are enrolled in the advanced
classes, such as AP. The high standards of the teachers are finally
locked into the heads of the couselors, principals, etc. that after a
while, you have those who want to be there and understand the rigors
of the course. So , the students go to another Fine Arts.