RE: [teacherartexchange] Glaze firing Matte Finish

---------

From: KPRS2 (kprs2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 12:37:19 PST

Hi
 First I am assuming you are firing 05, and not 5, because Amaco glazes are
not stoneware, but earthenware...double check that. Secondly I would check
how you are loading the kiln. My experience has been that an even loading
makes a difference, so be as symmetrical as you can when you load. Also,
some glazes effect the outcomes of other glazes, but I couldn't tell you
which do that as I haven't taught ceramics in a long time. But basically
what that means is that I would notice if I put pot A with glaze A on it
next to pot B with glaze B, sometimes A (and I would remember what A was,
i.e. red) would change the nature of B.

  San D