[teacherartexchange] Glaze firing Matte Finish

---------

From: Angela Davidson (angela_davidson_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 20 2007 - 08:11:50 PST

Hello:

I need some glazing help. I am a new teacher teaching pottery. I fired
projects last semester with no problems. I have an electric kiln that I
use Amaco Glazes. We apply 2-3 layers of glaze that come out glossy. I
fire them at cone 5. The last few firings the glazes are discolored and
have a matte finish. I have looked into it some - and it says that it is
underfiring the projects. Does anyone have any advice of what I should
change on the kiln or if I need to do something different. Any help would
be appreciated.

Thank you!

Angela