Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Early finishers

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Feb 19 2007 - 06:48:42 PST

>> Why not use centers?

I do use centers, but a problem arises when the lure of the centers
overshadows the student's desire to do well on their project.

> Does anyone have ideas for creating centers in a situation where
> students have art only once a week? The room is used by many teachers and
> classes on the other days.

My centers are in plastic tubs, which students take back to their tables.
The centers are used "occasionally" when students finish early, on sub days,
and at least once a semester I have center days. I have art once a week with
my intermediate classes, and my room is often used by other teachers,
especially for those messy type projects since I have the only room in the
building with linoleum. My centers were first used when I was on a cart.
They are on my site under teacher stuff.
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher

To unsubscribe go to