Re: [teacherartexchange] Early finishers

---------

From: trish ackerman (dacke8175_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2007 - 14:51:04 PST

I usually have a specific project for the students to
do when we are getting to the end. I tell them what we
will be working on and sometimes list on the board
what they can do when finished. Some successful ones
Ihave done:
colored pencil step by step drawing on a sheet. Draw 1
has a series of books that are great. A project where
they draw one shoe. Fold the paper over and use the
light box or window to copy and then design the funky
pants-finish with markers. In the fall , I have them
do a leaf tracing project that they overlap and color
with warm or cool colors with a grid. I have specific
projects for each grade for different weeks of the
year. I think it helps to have something different for
them to do each time you finish your regular art
project. Oh, in the fall I have them draw haunted
houses with great perspective and color them in.

Trish Ackerman
Core Knowledge Charter School
Middle School Art,Parker, Colorado