Re: [teacherartexchange] Early finishers

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2007 - 14:46:15 PST

Don't let them be finished until you ok their work. If they slop through
something tell them specifically what needs more attention. Then, if you
both agree that the work is finished have them try the project again using a
different approach. Once they realize you won't accept anything other than
their best work, AND that there is no reward ("free time") for finishing
early then they will adjust and begin to spend more time on their work.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids