Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Kandinsky - help with specific music

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Feb 18 2007 - 07:03:38 PST

Hello all,

I am working on a lesson plan to introduce my students
to Kandinsky and abstract painting (5th & 6th grade)
the idea is to show them his work while listening to
some Wagner and then allow them to make some sketches
and paintings to more contemporary - later 20th C
music - jazz, blues, etc.

But I would REALLY like to be able to relate his
composition paintings to specific music compositions -
it seems like when I took art history that we learned
that some of the composition paintings were direct
representations of specific pieces of music - but I
don't know what paintings to link to which pieces of
music - can anyone help me or suggest a resource that
would help me with this?

Chris Massingill
Simon Intermediate, Conway, AR

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time