Re: [teacherartexchange] Oil pastel Brands

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 19:29:14 PST

I do have several suggestions for you. One is to have them take another
piece of paper and place it on top to protect both the art and the clothing.
I don't send work home as they finish - I have each student K-12 keep a
portfolio (18"x24" tagboard). They take all work home at the end of the
year, so the oil pastels on clothing don't really apply to me. I have
seniors who now have 12 portfolios at home and are working on #13. Another
idea: have you tried the construction paper crayons? They remain bright
without the messy annoyance of oil pastels with the little ones.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids