Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] IAIA in Santa Fe

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Feb 16 2007 - 17:35:33 PST

The Albuquerque Museum has a new exhibit of cutting edge Native-American
artists called "Unlimited Boundaries". To better inform ourselves about
current practices in Native-American art, we made a visit to Santa Fe
on Thursday. Here are some pics from our trip and links to the places
we visited.
We were particularly impressed with the IAIA Campus facilities. Students
who get the opportunity to study there are very fortunate. The IAIA in
Santa Fe (Institute of American Indian Art) is one of only three
supported by congressional funds. The other two are Howard University
Gallaudet University.
Also: IAIA is searching for a head librarian (my friend Mari left the
to work at Haskell in Lawrence, Kansas). If you have both a library
and art
background, and have Native-American heritage - consider applying for
position. The library was quite impressive and it's just outside
Santa Fe.

Woody Duncan

Invitation to my exhibitions

January 19, 2009 Be Patience America