Re: [teacherartexchange] Oil pastel Brands

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 15:45:33 PST

I really like the Crayola brand, in part because they are "harder" than
other brands. I have had a set of 12 boxes that I have used a LOT with my
intermediate classes for the past 5 years and they still have a couple years
life left in them. They retain their brightness, blend with oils well, and
are easy to work with. When I use oil pastels with my high school students I
have a variety of brands, but they always ask if they can go to my
intermediate room to get the Crayola brand!
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids