Re: [teacherartexchange] familiar images

---------

From: Jackie Brewer (jacjac2_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Feb 15 2007 - 11:24:37 PST

Lauren,
Thank you for sharing this information. I find the same thing you do.
 I will have more information to share in next two weeks but to move
from 2d to 3d, my students had to create a sculpture of their own
cartoon character, but each piece had to have a geometric form, TAKS
reinforcement. They had fun with this. I unfortunately had to have a
leave of absence so I will pick back up with this when I return. They
used posterboard and each piece had to have flaps to glue together. I
want to take them a step farther but will think about how to do this.
I could have had them choose a familiar characther but I wanted to see
their creativity.

--
Jackie Aust Brewer
Bryan, Texas 77802