[teacherartexchange] boards for painting - suggestions?

---------

From: chris massingill (chris_massingill_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 17:07:06 PST

Hello All,

I am looking for some suggestions for a project - I am
thinking about having my students make some
non-traditional portraits which incorporate painting
with found objects. For reference I am showing them
the book "What President's are made of" by Hanoch
Piven - it has some great presidential portraits that
are made from found objects.

In any case, for me to do this I will need some kind
of thick cardboard or particle board that they can
paint on and then add their objects - any suggestions
for free or cheap options?

Thanks!

Chris Massingill
Simon Intermediate School