Re: [teacherartexchange] Printmaking tips

---------

From: Betty B (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Feb 14 2007 - 17:06:04 PST

Heidi, that sounds good.
I've been super happy with the new linoleum cutting
tools from Speedball that you pull towards you. They
make a nice cut and are very safe.

As for inking (I use akua-kolor waterbase ink), after
trying lots of other things at this point we ink right
smack on one of my tables. They are formica or
something and it cleans up perfectly. The Akua color
can stay open for hours, so the last hour of the day
cleans up.

I do "choice" (TAB) in printmaking, so only a few kids
are at it at a time, and usually we do reduction with
yellow orange red and black unless somebody falls in
love with it then they can go on and do whatever they
are willing to let me teach them. My MFA is in
printmaking with an emphasis on relief, so I'm always
on the lookout for other budding printmakers.
Betty