Re: [teacherartexchange] Learning (workshop) Centers

---------

From: M. Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 15:44:55 PST

I have centers in my room - I use them all the time! Originally I began
having each center in a plastic storage box because I was on a cart. The
boxes are so convienant I still use them. You have to train your students on
your expectations for using the centers - proper care, clean-up, etc., but
they are a great learning tool for students who are finished. I also have a
center day at the end of each semester as a reward system. You can see my
centers on my website under "art teacher stuff". The only big change I have
made is my chalkboard center - I now have little individual chalkboards. I
have also added Pictionary Jr., several magnetic boards (fractiles,
architecture, etc). My most popular is the stamping center.
~Michal
K-12 Kansas Art Teacher
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids