[teacherartexchange] sketchcrawl

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (elizhiz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 08:03:10 PST

A sketchcrawl has been done by Danny Gregory and other
sketch artists and I think the idea is cool--to have
drawings being made around the world on a particular
day. Kind of an artists united thing.
They have one scheduled for May of 07, but I don't
know the date. Does anyone know the date? I would like
my HS kids to participate in something like this. But
maybe it needs a little adapting...Sketch crawl takes
its name from pub crawl, which involves heavy
drinking. So maybe a name change is due for
students...
I have not heard of a sketchcrawl for, say,
specifically HS students but I think it would be
awesome...
After the day (or we could take that whole week),
drawings are posted on a website. Students could
become more aware of a supportive art community..
So...does anyone know the date...or does anyone know
of this already being done for HS students?
If not--we could just pick a day--such as (the week
of) Friday May 18. (I picked that because AP
portfolios are due this year Friday May 11) As a
bonus perhaps we can post some results on our various
web pages in the following week--that is, by Memorial
Day.
Any thoughts?
Beth