[teacherartexchange] Derek Lea - Graphic arts- Illustrator (nice site) - Plus Fractals site

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2007 - 05:16:10 PST

Note for Ken Rohrer - add this illustrator to your list of artists.

Dear Art Educators,

This artist from Toronto, Ontario, Canada was posted to the Altered Book list.

Derek Lea:
http://www.dereklea.com/
"This site is the online portfolio of award winning illustrator and
acclaimed author Derek Lea. His illustration work is a unique
combination of original photography, traditional illustration, and
digital art. His books and magazine articles describe innovative and
creative techniques that can be employed within leading digital art
programs like Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator."

The site is very well done. I didn't see anything that would not be
appropriate for student viewing - but check yourself to be sure.

Here is another Fractals site. I had not seen this site before.
Fractal Recursions - site by Jack Cooper
http://www.fractal-recursions.com/
This site was also posted to the Altered Book list.

Ken might be linking this up to the artists' page on Incredible Art Department.

Enjoy,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/